Follow the Round Table on facebook by searching NT Chief Minister's Round Table of Young Territorians.
Applications for the Chief Minister's Round Table of Young Territorians for 2013 has now closed.
The selection process in being undertaken with the 2013 members to be announced in late December/early January. Thank you to everyone who applied
Where are they now? Round Table Alumni Report
Since 1997, approximately 250 young people have participated in the Chief Minister’s Round Table of Young Territorians program. To celebrate this achievement, the Office of Youth Affairs (OYA) aims to produce an Alumni publication which will incorporate information provided by past and present members. The Alumni publication will be released in 2013 and will be made available online.
What is the Round Table?
The Chief Minister's Round Table of Young Territorians is a direct communication avenue between young Territorians and the Northern Territory Government. The Round Table consists of 16 members who are aged 15 to 25 years. Round Table members are representative of the geographic, cultural and ethnic diversity in the Northern Territory.
Why have a Round Table?
The Round Table is your chance to get involved and have your views heard by the Chief Minister about issues that interest or affect you.
What has the Round Table accomplished?
Round Table members since 1997 have been involved in numerous activities, committees and projects. Below is a small list of achievements by Round Table members:
• Regularly provided advice to the Northern Territory Government;
• Members of executive judging panels;
• Committee members on both State/Territory and National committees;
• Have been selected to be representatives on a range of youth groups;
• Have assisted in the research of several projects and programs;
• Attended and participated at schools, youth groups, conferences, seminars and youth network meetings; and
• Implementing many community-based projects and initiatives across the Territory.
For more information on the Round Table please contact:
Ngaree Ah Kit
T: (08) 8999 3890